user profile
Sign in
user profile

Is Evri now Squarely putting Loss Parcel Claims at the hands of Amazon

by Seller_ae51e0CJoHqCX

Perhaps I have missed something and forgive me if this has been discussed already on the forum but I have had this most recent response from a claim I have with Evri where in the past I have been able to claim from Evri. Has something changed in the last week? This seems to suggest there is a simple procedure in place from Amazon to claim for lost Parcels on missing deliveries from Evri when you use the buy shipping. Does this mean we will be able to recover the full cost of the item etc. Thoughts or a link to recent discussions on this would be interesting to me.

Thank you for getting in touch with your enquiry regarding parcel reference XXXXXXXX

I’m sorry to hear that you have experienced a problem with this delivery and I can appreciate how frustrating this situation must be for you and your recipient.

I can see that you purchased the shipping label for this parcel via Amazon. While your parcel was sent using the Evri network, Amazon are regarded as the carrier in this situation as they provided you with the shipping label. This means that any claims for parcels which have become lost, damaged or delivered late will need to go directly to them so they can discuss the appropriate next steps with you.

In turn, Amazon will get in touch with us on your behalf to discuss the matter.

If you need anything in the future, please contact your Evri Customer Service Team and we’ll be happy to help.

Tags: MFN, Royal Mail, Shipping, Shipping labels
49 replies
49 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_esvgLzKXw2YAl
In reply to: Seller_ae51e0CJoHqCX’s post

At a guess, I would imagine a SafeT claim.

user profile
Seller_xUKHc5xSYJmI4

To be honest it causes so much frustration Royal Mail say you cannot put in a claim, Hermes say its with Amazon.

We have had the highest number of claims ever recorded in the history of selling on Amazon. Amazon sales are worst ever recorded.

user profile
Seller_xzyqeGxn7G9fX

we have had multiple amounts of these, you cant speak to Evri because you are not the ‘sender’ then when you speak to amazon customer services for sellers they literally haven’t got a single clue what to do and so we have been left with no support from amazon or evri. The customer service with Hermes was already bad when they had a phone number to use, now its even worse as they arnt interested in speaking to any customer.

So frustrating when its actually a legal right for us to claim for lost, damaged or undeliverable parcels.

user profile
Seller_qqeW5ncCSNIsR

I am watching this thread with interest, as Evri send you to Amazon, and Amazon send you to Evri. We are struggling to claim anything for the lost parcels over the Christmas period.

user profile
Seller_Q9rkUac4hLJmi

I lost my parcel with Evri and I did not get back
Evri service is very poor

user profile
Seller_g9A9pMrqcDqa1

This really is rubbish as we all know Amazon won’t get in touch with them to “discuss” the matter.

I would email them back and and advise that Amazon have made it clear that their contract with Evri states we must claim from them direct. I would ask for the relevant paragraph from their contract with them that contradicts this. Maybe even quote Amazon’s paragraph that states we must claim directly. Ringing them may get you a different result.

user profile
Seller_16EevDf4Axaui

I think the title says it all really lol

user profile
Seller_ZPjajjMXjCNQH

and Amazon will tell you its Evri you need to claim off of.

Been there many times and heard the same story, simple answer do not use Evri, their record, of recent, has been nothing short of appalling to the extent that it has been discussed in the House of Commons whether they should be investigated by the government regarding their poor service.

user profile
Seller_xUKHc5xSYJmI4

The communication we had back from Royal Mail 02/08/2022 concerning a loss prepaid return is as follows:-

On this ocassion I am unable to accept your claim for compensation as this service used was a prepaid contract service and all claims must be made by the contract holder. I do recommend you contact them to discuss this issue further.

We informed Amazon we would like to make file a claim for loss and was advised we need to contact Royal Mail. You can see how frustrating it is for the seller.

user profile
Seller_NoMNQDGnEW5Bx

Its time amazon pulled there business from them then things might have to improve. Every return I get has come with damaged packing and most removal orders come via evri and arrive damaged too. Amazon must put massive amounts of business their way and must have the buying power to influence service if they wanted to. If I was sending something worth £99 out to a customer I wouldn’t use evri so why should I be forced to when it comes back to me

Go to original post