user profile
Sign in
user profile

Royal Mail did not process any mail for the last 2 weeks

by Seller_ZMOSQACsPKbpT

Hi all,

We are very frustrated as Royal Mail did not process any of our RM48 mail for the last 2 weeks. We receive daily about 50-70 emails and cases opened against us. Customers are very angry and they are asking for refunds or/and leave negative feedbacks. Our business is totally destroyed by RM’s incompetence and negligence. We spent every day hours of investigating and tracking orders, replying on emails but it’s overwhelming at this point. Sales are plummeting and to be honest after 13 years I can say for sure that this Christmas season is the worst we ever had. No idea what to do as RM are so disorganized, we called three different numbers and no one actually knows what they are doing. We are so stressed and depressed at this moment. I don’t know if we can sue them over this as our business is done now. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Tags: Fees
1.8K views
256 replies
256 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_7VbclcPFFRTnc
In reply to: Seller_ZMOSQACsPKbpT’s post

Has your post been flagged - red xd ?
If they find discrepancies, they hold it until you agree to release it with whichever fines etc accepted

Do you have an account manager

user profile
Seller_qZO3ZCjoBXEeL

I forgot to say, I am so sorry for you - you must be heartbroken…

Are you buying shipping through Amazon? I wouldn’t be doing any RM shipping without buying through Amazon for the added protection.

user profile
Seller_ZMOSQACsPKbpT

Yes, we have an account manager but he is useless as a chocolate teapot. It took him 2 months to send an offer for Tracked 24 and 48, but it was the wrong offer for us. Still unresolved. He asked me to provide some tracking numbers, so he can check. After 5 min of pointless conversation he told me to call the local sorting office. Then I called and after I explained in details, I was told that they can’t help and I was given a wrong number. Then I had to call another number, but the manager there was on a tea break, so we are still waiting.
We buy shipping from C&D as it shows all the websites in one place and it’s much quicker to print the labels. Our mail is not flagged for sure, otherwise they will call within 1-2 days. We talk about nearly 2 weeks of mail buried somewhere under a huge pile. I wonder if we have an extremely bad luck this Christmas season or others are in the same boat.

user profile
Seller_ANpkhFl1uuWCA

Did you dispatch on days before and following any of the strike day(s)?

Also, did you drop any of your orders into depots / sorting office on the actual strike days?

user profile
Seller_2Ha5RWfyf5NUS

RM 48 mail will get put to the back of the queue from experience of the previous strikes.

We are just biting the bullet and sending EVERYTHING Tracked 24, it may cost us more, but our metrics are so precious that it is worth it.

Darling Amazon have pulled our buy box eligibility and we don’t know why. We have been on Amazon since 2014 and we are down 50% in November and 75% so far this month.

We feel your pain.

user profile
Seller_ZQyopdiwkUHOZ

Is it ALL your post OVER the last 2 weeks, or is it post from one specific day two weeks ago?

user profile
Seller_B4VbHpnDLDLAU

Even we are tracked and we seen parcels on Tuesday 22nd Wednesday 23rd very very limited scans some
Not even into the system. Like a whole load have gone awol. Trying to hold customer off as much as possible

user profile
Seller_z597inMoqRWkG

We hear the trade union side of things on the news but we don’t hear the Royal mail side of things. An 8% pay increase sounds reasonable to me after all they are not responsible for the world wide inflation. I rely on a prompt delivery service so I am seriously considering switching from Royal Mail as I am sure thousands of other small businesses are thinking the same. As a result of Trade Union action I am sure thousands of Royal Mail workers will lose their jobs through the bull headed trade union stance.

user profile
Seller_jPqj6QyLb56ke

I’m with you, turning everything off this week we are locked into royal mail as well because of the amount of LL we send. Been a disastrous holiday season which I rely on.
Just to those saying its not just about the money I get it but that doesnt help us small businesses at the moment and we can only look at it from our point of view as its our businesses that are at risk.
I have the upmost respect for our postmen and ours go out there way to help us but it doesnt change the fact that these strikes at this time of year have had more impact on businesses like ours. I dont think the bosses at the top of royal mail will be worrying to much about their bank balances.
Hope you all get through it, not sure we will.

user profile
Seller_yr4TlcuTjThYJ

I feel OP pain - we had 1 sack that appears to have gone missing that was collected on the 18th November.
It was only one sack, but it was full of Large Letter sized £9.99 advent calendars - we got 35 refunds so far, and our voice of the customer rating has it now rated as Very Poor. It was only one bag, but an expensive one, and because we send using RM48, there is no come back on Royal Mail so no claims to be made :0(

They really aren’t doing a great job of things this year - I appreciate the strikes, and IMHO only they can decide if their pay is fair (I’m not getting into that argument!), but their action is hurting small businesses at their most vital trading period and personally I don’t think that makes very good business sense (essentially they are killing the business they want more money from). We now have our collection guy turning up on first day after strikes refusing to take anything but 1st class because he can’t fit the sacks on his van, making the situation even worse.

Go to original post