user profile
Sign in
user profile

RM Cyber Attack

by Seller_pEXz19pDzWCEo

Just been notified of a Cyberattack by RM. We have have no tracking of any Int Items since Monday and are already getting complaints from Amazon customers. RM staff say the parcels may get lost as a result. Anyone else experiencing this?

"Royal Mail is experiencing severe service disruption to our international export services following a cyber incident.

We are temporarily unable to despatch items to overseas destinations. We strongly recommend that you temporarily hold any export mail items while we work to resolve the issue. Items that have already been despatched may be subject to delays.

We would like to sincerely apologise to impacted customers for any disruption this incident is causing.

Our import operations continue to perform a full service, with some minor delays. Parcelforce Worldwide export services are still operating to all international destinations though customers should expect minor delays.

Our teams are working around the clock to resolve this disruption and we will update you as soon as we have more information. We immediately launched an investigation into the incident and we are working with external experts. We have reported the incident to our regulators and the relevant security authorities."

Tags: Royal Mail
463 replies
463 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_9tqVXAASUiPK2
In reply to: Seller_pEXz19pDzWCEo’s post

More concerning news regarding Royal Mail.

user profile
Seller_j7UlCowZz6aOF

they have been unable to despatch most of my international items for 7 weeks now

user profile
Seller_b5LDA3tnfaBEG

Yes just seen this in the click and drop messages, I have several due to go out today, not orders on Amazon so not too distressed about it, but would be interested if anyone is holding their international post from today?

user profile
Seller_e4EZCW4INM1qb

Dear Customer,

We have had the following communication from Royal Mail

" Royal Mail Cyber Issue Impacting International Traffic

Royal Mail is experiencing severe service disruption to our international export services following a cyber incident.

We are temporarily unable to despatch items to overseas destinations. We strongly recommend that you temporarily hold any export mail items while we work to resolve the issue. Items that have already been despatched may be subject to delays.

We would like to sincerely apologise to impacted customers for any disruption this incident is causing.

Our import operations continue to perform a full service, with some minor delays. Parcelforce Worldwide export services are still operating to all international destinations though customers should expect minor delays.

Our teams are working around the clock to resolve this disruption and we will update you as soon as we have more information. We immediately launched an investigation into the incident and we are working with external experts. We have reported the incident to our regulators and the relevant security authorities."

user profile
Seller_7VbclcPFFRTnc
user profile
Seller_fkhQ8ucc0l4Pb

I’ve not been notified - but had a customer email to cancel as they had seen in the news.

I’ve had tons of ‘missed scan’ international items -that I think is a separate issue to this new cyber attack/incident.

Royal Mail helpline said the items being sent and not having tracking updated as received is because they’ve been sending international items straight to containers at the airports to deal with the backlogs. There they sit until they have a plane ready/time to look at them. Some eventually get tracking, some have just disappeared and I’m putting in lost claims for those as soon as I can.

user profile
Seller_lljyzgTxr5fgI

I heard about it earlier but it’s now made the news feeds:

user profile
Seller_16EevDf4Axaui

Someone tripped over the power cord I reckon, just plug it back in, it’ll work again.

user profile
Seller_nRhZxElkqUPAM

Good Evening

Just received an email from Royal Mail stating that they can not export anything for the time being due to a cyber incident. Does anyone know when this issue started?

How come it’s always them?

user profile
Seller_n33KwLeg9XOvi

Just read it on the BBC.

Thankfully I don’t post International with RM

Go to original post